The Google Chrome Web Browser
1. Getting Started with Google Chrome
Part 1 Questions
- What kinds/types of computers does the Google Chrome web browser work on?
- Where is the Sign In feature on Google Chrome?
- Is the Google Chrome web browser available on mobile devices? If so, which kinds?
2. Browsing in Chrome
Part 2 Questions
- What 2 features does the Omnibox have as the search bar in the Google Chrome web browser?
- To reload a webpage in Google Chrome, you should hit the ____________ button in the toolbar.
- Which keys should I hit for a new Google Chrome window to appear?
- What do we call the feature in Google Chrome that allows us to have multiple websites open in one Google Chrome window?
- True or false: A Google Chrome user can change the order of the tabs in their Google Chrome window.
- What are special tabs that show up each time you start using Google Chrome?
- Where will you find your Browsing History in Google Chrome?
- When you initially start downloading a file using the Google Chrome web browser, where will it show on your window?
3. Customizing Chrome
Part 3 Questions
- Name 2 ways you can customize Google Chrome when you startup.
- What do we call the browser on your digital device that will be started up each time you call for a new website to be opened?
- What is the name for software that can run on the Google Chrome browser?
- Where can programs for use on Google Chrome be found?
- Special programs that add features and functionality to Google Chrome are called _______________.
- If you want to change what your Google Chrome web browser looks and feels, you can add a ________________.
4. Bookmarking in Chrome
Part 4 Questions
- A feature in the Chrome web browser that allows you to "save" website addresses that you can go back and use later is called ______________.
- Where does the bookmarks bar appear on your Chrome screen?
- Where can you go to organize you Bookmarks in Google Chrome? Where are these controls located?
- Is it possible to organize bookmarks into folders?
- What does clicking on the star in the omnibox do to a website address?
- What is the name of the process for bringing bookmarks over from another web browser into Google Chrome?
5. Privacy & Security in Chrome
Part 5 Questions
- What is the name of the feature that contains a webpage that might be harmful to your computer to the tab that it is in, blocking viruses, malware, and other threats to your computer?
- What are the 3 main security indicators that will appear in your omnibox with each web address?
- Do the Privacy settings appear in the MAIN Chrome menu? If not, where do you have to go?
6. How to Block Ads in Your Browser
Part 6 Questions
- What feature does part 6 focus on as a useful way to keep ads off your website? Is this a built in feature of Google Chrome?