Building A Beginner Website with Weebly
A1 Tutorial Tools & Resouces
A1 Focus Skills
Level 2 Activity
Lets use what we have learned to build a new website in Weebly and put some basic concepts to work for us. Notice that each requirement listed below has a hyperlink in it to help you meet this requirement. Look them over closely, and then incorporate that feature into your website and theme.
- Decide on a theme that you would like to use for your website. Think about the colors, geometrics, and text of the theme as well as the layout of features. You can think about it from the standpoint of your own unique style and/or the purpose of your website.
- Homepage with navigation bar/menu, Introductory Paragraph and digital media (see Digital Media requirements below). Navigation Bar/Menu needs to feature at least 2 other pages in addition to the homepage. Your "About Me" page is NOT to be in the navigation bar/menu. Instead, you will construct a button on the home page at the bottom that will link to your "About Me" page.
- Construct at least 2 additional webpages for the site that supports the theme. Most likely these pages will have content that goes along with your overall topic. Remember to include an example of digital content on each page.
- Remember to also construct an "About Me" page. As mentioned earlier, your page is NOT to be in your navigation menu. We will talk about how to keep it out of the navigation menu in class. Your "About Me" needs to include a paragraph connecting you to your topic for the website. Be sure to follow the KHMS TechEd Guidelines for Effective Paragraph Development.
- Digital Media Requirement: You will need to demonstrate understanding of working with digital media inside of Weebly by including the following Digital Media features on your website: A simple image (with lightbox on), a gallery of images, a slideshow of images, and embedding a Youtube video. Of course, all the media that you come up with needs to fit into the theme of your website and serve a specific purpose. If possible, create the digital media yourself, and upload it so you can use it on your site. See Mr. H if you need help with this.
Grading Guidelines for Weebly Beginner Website
- 3 Points - Navigation Bar with 3 pages featured
- 5 Points - Well constructed Home Page with well written Introductory Paragraph following the KHMS TechEd Guidelines for Effective Paragraph Development.
- 2 Points - "About Me" Button on homepage, linking to your About Me page that is hidden from the Navigation Bar.
- 5 Points - "About Me" page hidden from navigation bar/menu as well as at least 2 other pages of content related to your website topic that do show in the navigation bar/menu. All paragraphs of content on these pages need to follow the KHMS TechEd Guidelines for Effective Paragraph Development.
- 5 Points - Digital media requirements: Image with Lightbox, a gallery of images, a slideshow of images, and embedding a Youtube video. All digital media must match the topic and include text explaining how it fits.
- 20 Points Total